Our aquarium is currently CLOSED. We hope to reopen in spring 2021. We are a catch and release aquarium and we decided that it was best to release the animals back into the sea during the previous COVID fire break. Winter is a difficult time of year to catch new species for our tanks and we usually have fewer visitors in the winter months. Due to the current lockdown in England we are expecting even less vistors than usual and cannot financially afford to reopen the aquarium. Sea Trust will be continuing with our various funded projects and are busy planning and adapting for the future.
When we reopen, you now have to book online for an aquarium tour. We will release slots to book when we have an idea of when we will reopen. To do this please click on the Book Now button below. We can only take a maximum of 8 people per tour due to social distancing measures and all visitors must wear a face covering.
For details of the COVID-19 safety measures we have implemented to keep our visitors and staff safe please see below.
Aquarium entry is by guided tour only and you must book your tour online. During the school holidays on rainy days we are very busy. There is a maximum of 8 people per tour. Tour times are listed below. Please book online here:
Child (15 or under): £3.50
Under 2’s: Free
Season ticket (1 year from purchase date): All current season tickets or voucher holders – you still need to book a slot for an aquarium tour and your current tickets will be extended by 4 months.
Family (Maximum 2 Adults, Maximum 4 children): £40
Guided tours are run six times a day every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The tour last approximately 45 minutes.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Online tour booking only with a maximum of 8 people for social distancing
- All visitors must wear face coverings
- We have a hand sanitiser station at the entrance and we require everyone to use this on entry
- Staff will wear masks and/or visors
- We have installed a cough screen at the reception and till area
- Our online booking system collects customer details required for NHS contact tracing
- Our gift shop will only allow 2 people (or one family group/bubble) in at one time
- Additional cleaning measures
We are using a booking system to manage our visitor numbers, therefore, tickets are non-refundable in the 48 hours prior to the date of visit. The cost of the ticket minus the booking fee is refunded.